fritters, pancakes, waffles, donuts… Mardi Gras is the time to have fun with your family! Besides, do you know why we eat donuts, waffles and other wonders for Mardi Gras ? The objective is to exhaust its reserve ofeggs and of Butter before starting the Lent for avoid waste. What do all these sweets have in common? They are based on a batter or to brown…
So to enjoy and celebrate Mardi Gras as it should be, discover our best recipes for waffles, donuts, pancakes, donuts, etc.
And to vary the pleasures, here is our easy, quick but above all delicious recipe for nun farts, these little puffed donuts that everyone loves.
The recipe for nun farts
The ingredients for 4 people :
- 150g of flour
- 75g sugar
- 1 bag vanilla sugar
- 10cl water
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom water
- 2 eggs
- 70g butter
The preparation stages:
- In a saucepan, bring the butter, water, sugar, the vanilla sugar, then pour the flour in one try. Mix then return to the heat, stirring as you go.
- Add the eggs one by one and pour orange blossom water.
- Place spoonfuls of preparation in a deep fryer and fry them for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drain them and sprinkle them with icing sugar before tasting them.
Read also :
⋙ The perfect tip for always fluffy pancakes
⋙ Liège, Lyonnaise, soft: our best homemade waffle recipes
⋙ Mardi Gras: all our sweet donut recipes