Very widespread in the Near East, falafels (or ta‘amiyya in Arabic), are a Levantine culinary specialty, consisting of chickpea balls or crushed beans mixed with various spices, fried in oil. In recent years, this specialty has also been found in European and Western countries. Tonight, Cyril Lignac shares his tips for making this oriental dish a success every time. Accompanied by a delicious green sauce that will make all the difference, your guests will be amazed! It's your turn !
Cyril Lignac's falafel recipe
The ingredients for 4 people :
- 350g dry chickpeas soaked in water the day before and refrigerated
- 150g of dry broad beans soaked in water the day before and refrigerated
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and degermed
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. powdered cardamom
- 2 tbsp. chickpea flour (optional)
- 1 bunch of parsley, washed and stripped
- ½ bunch of washed and stripped coriander
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- 1 small bowl of fine couscous semolina
- Olive oil
- Frying oil
- Fine salt
Green thina sauce:
- 100g tahini paste
- 50g lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and degermed
- ¼ bunch of coriander, washed and stripped
- 100g of water
- 90g olive oil
To make Cyril Lignac's falafel recipe, you must have:
- 1 mixer + 1 maryse + 1 spoon to mold the falafels
- 1 small blender + 1 small bowl + 1 spatula
- 1 frying bath + 1 spider + 1 plate with absorbent paper
Cyril Lignac's falafel preparation steps:
Step 1 : soak the chickpeas and beans in a container of water overnight.
2nd step : in the bowl of the food processor, place the dried chickpeas and beans that were soaked the day before and drained. Add the onion, garlic, spices, herbs and baking soda. Mix to form a paste, but it should not be smooth. Check the seasoning.
Step 3: in the bowl of a small blender, pour the tahini, along with the lemon juice, garlic, cilantro leaves, water and olive oil. Start mixing. Form a green sauce, pour it into a bowl.
Step 4: in a frying bath at 170 ° C, immerse the falafels made with the pusher. If you don't have them, do them by hand. Dip your pusher in a little semolina, then olive oil and then form the falafel. Immerse them in the bath until they are golden brown. Drain them on absorbent paper.
Step 5: serve the falafels with the sauce and at the same time as the hummus and its sides.
Read also :
⋙ “Tous en cuisine”: recipes and ingredients by Cyril Lignac for the week from October 5 to 9
⋙ "All in the kitchen": the recipe for linguine bolognese with vegetables from Cyril Lignac
⋙ All in the kitchen: the recipe for meatballs, quinoa and carrot chips by Cyril Lignac