Halfway between hot chocolate and chai latte, this amazing recipe for Bretons in the Kitchen is the ideal drink at snack time: good chocolate, cardamom, star anise, cloves, a hint of vanilla and cinnamon, and you get an extraordinary spicy chocolate!
Easy & inexpensive taste
PREPARATION: 15 MIN I REST: 1 NIGHT I COOK: 5 MIN
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- 50 g kasha (grilled buckwheat)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 375 ml of water
- ¼ liter of milk
- 110 g chocolate (minimum 60% cocoa)
- 50 g milk chocolate (using milk chocolate avoids sweetening the mixture)
- 4 crushed cardamom pods
- 2 star badian
- 2 turns of black pepper mill
- 1 pinch clove powdered
- 1 pinch of vanilla powder
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
Find all our Breton cooking recipes
Preparation of buckwheat milk:
1. Soak the buckwheat the day before in water. On the big day, drain the buckwheat, pour it into a blender, add the salt and then the water. Mix for 1 minute before filtering through a knotted cloth.
Preparation of the spice mixture:
2. In a bowl, mix 1 pinch of vanilla powder, ½ tsp. shaved cinnamon powder, 1 pinch of clove powder, 4 crushed cardamom pods, 2 star anise and 2 turns of black pepper mill. Mix well, set aside.
3. In a saucepan, put the buckwheat milk and the milk, bring to a boil, remove from the heat. 4. Add the pre-crushed chocolates, mix until they are melted then bring back to the boil, set aside.
5. Add the spices and leave to infuse for 3 minutes. Mix to lightly froth the chocolate then serve immediately.
"Too Much Too Good" Hot ChocolateOuest-France.fr