The law firm Gmez-Acebo & Pombo lists a series of recommendations so that executives do not fall into the networks of cybercriminals.
- To take care of the sensitive data of a company, the ideal is to take a computer configured for the trip with the minimum possible information.
- It is better not to use shared computers where private topics are to be consulted. Nor do you have to connect to public Wi-Fi networks.
- You must always opt for virtual private networks (VPNs) that guarantee an encrypted connection to remotely access the company's system.
- Public chargers offered, for example, at airports can also be a gateway for cybercriminals.
- For laptops with sensitive information, you can only rely on USB or portable hard drives provided by the company itself.
- During the trip, you have to avoid that someone can look at the screen or the keyboard or listen to a telephone conversation.
- The out-of-office message must be properly configured so that excessive travel information is not given.
- It is crucial not to lose sight of either the computer or the mobile or a single second. In the hotel you have to leave them in the safe.