I cannot be more grateful with this year 2020. Beginning, it allowed me to fulfill one of my dreams that was to visit and explore countries in South-East Asia. On this occasion I visited Malaysia, Cambodia Y Vietnam.
Before sharing my many experiences in these three wonderful countries, I would like to tell you how I prepared for the whole trip, as well as the mistakes I made so that it does not happen and even some money can be saved.
- Before anything, be grateful. Thank you at all times for the opportunity to travel and have access to grow culturally, in a healthy and fun way. Thank you! It is even a good idea to look for how it is said. Thank you in the language of each destination you are going to visit.
- Always for long trips and with so many flights and connections, I recommend buying everything with a travel agency since they offer you solutions at the moment of any inconvenience, believe me, things happen. This time my friends helped me @hossanatravel with all my tickets and even several hotels.
- Pack light. Today almost all airlines charge you for luggage, plus low cost which are the most used in Asia, so pack only the basics and even leave some space to buy things on the trip.
- From weeks before I add the weather of each city that I am going to visit in the weather application of my cell phone, that way I can know what kind of clothes I should wear. On this trip I had a little of all the climates, so I had to pack some clothes for the cold, always carrying only what was necessary.
- Each country has its own migration laws, so I recommend reviewing the Web page officer each and read ALL RIGHT and carefully requirements To enter them. For Malaysia they do not ask us for visas as Hondurans, but in Cambodia and Vietnam they do. For not reading well I paid more than triple to enter Vietnam, but that I tell you in another post.
- Grab is the application that is used for everything in Asia, so I downloaded it before arriving and used it especially for transport, it is like their uber, but much cheaper. In all countries you can order Grab Tuk Tuk or even Grab Bike, where you go on a motorcycle, with a helmet and everything, super cheap.
- Every trip is easier and cheaper thanks to the new technology. I used @airbnb for almost all my accommodations, which even in several destinations were hotels, always looking for the best comments from other travelers, the best location and price. All of South-East Asia surprised me with the low prices on lodging, food and transportation. In another post I will make a detailed budget of my entire trip.
- Be sure to bring a good power converter, I personally have one that I can change for any type of outlet, anywhere in the world, it was a good investment of $ 30 that I made a couple of years ago.
- Pack the basic medicines, especially for the stomach as different and new things for our body are tried on each trip. The best thing about traveling is eating.
- Especially in this time of rare viruses in the environment, travel with antibacterial liquid and if possible with a mask.
- I always travel also with my multi-vitamin that I take daily, although on long trips I like to reinforce with supplements or other additional vitamins.
- A good tourist does a little research before the trip, this makes it possible to enjoy and live each place to the fullest. A good tourist gets up early or unveils if necessary to live unique moments, such as the sunrise over the temple of Angkor Wat in Cambodia.
- To achieve good photos, without many people, it is good to get up early and be among the first in the busiest places. I always try to leave places where I don't want photos for peak hours.
- Now that Netflix lets you download movies or series on your cell phone or tablet, I like to download several options, for those waiting moments at airports or long hours of travel by bus or train.
- One of my purposes for 2020 is to keep a diary of each of my trips, in addition to having a lot of benefits for my mind, body and spirit, it allows me to have access to travel data that usually one tends to forget.
- Traveling with an open and optimistic mind is key to enjoying a trip to the fullest. Enjoy to the maximum the exchange of cultures in each place where you go, try their gastronomy and let yourself be pampered by their beautiful people, ask about their traditions and make new friends, it is the beautiful thing to travel.