The feet in water. This is undoubtedly how you will feel the recipe of chef Charles Thuillant from L'Essentiel, in Deauville. Prawns, cucumber and some herbs, this starter is an ode to freshness. For the skeptics, cooked shrimp will do just as well. For the very picky, it is even possible to take lobster!
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 6 prawns
- ½ cucumber
- 100 g of water
- 100 g of rice vinegar
- 100 g of sugar (or 50 g of sugar 50 g of mirin)
The steps of the recipe
1. Prepare the cucumber pickles by boiling the water, vinegar and sugar mixture. Pour the steaming over the peeled cucumbers cut into small pieces. Let cool.
2. Then collect some of this liquid, add the juice of half a lime (a little water if it is too vinegar in your opinion), a few cilantro leaves and let steep for a few more minutes.
3. Shell the prawns and remove the casing by slitting them on the back. Cut them into pieces that are a small centimeter wide.
4. For the dressing, cut a little cucumber and mix it with the prawns, season with salt, pepper and olive oil. Arrange everything on a plate, add 3 tablespoons of the water mixture of cucumber, lemon, coriander. Add a few fresh cilantro leaves and you're ready to go.