Here is a special version of the Amaretto Sour cocktail, revisited by Jeffrey Morgenthaler
It is different from the classic version since it draws its complexity from an ingredient that goes wonderfully with theamaretto: bourbon. Be careful, however, you must choose a bourbon with a higher alcohol level than normal (around 50 °). The power of this alcohol will balance the cocktail differently.
- A glass tumble (or "whiskey glass)
- A shaker
- A doser /jigger
- A bar spoon
- Bourbon of around 50 °
- An egg
- White sugar
- One or two yellow lemons (for 30cl of juice)
- Large cube ice cubes
THE AMARETTO SOUR RECIPE BY JEFFREY MORGENTHALER
- In a cup of the shaker, place a teaspoon of white sugar.
- Add 30 cl of lemon juice, then stir briefly to dilute the sugar a little.
- Place 4 cl of amaretto
- Then 2 cl of bourbon, just enough to provide a woody, generous and powerful frame, with some notes of spices and violet.
- Separate the white and the yolk of an egg, then add the white to the cup.
- Make a dry shake: vigorously shake the shaker for ten seconds to create an emulsion with the egg white so that it develops a nice foam.
- Add ice to the shaker, then shake again for about ten seconds.
- Serve in the glass tumble
- Squeeze a lemon zest on the cocktail, then add the zest.
Treat yourself, and see you soon for new cocktail recipes!
> Do not hesitate to come participate in Colada cocktail classes live, remotely or in physical