The concessionaire Operadora Aeroportuaria Internacional (Opain) in charge of managing, modernizing, expanding, operating, maintaining and marketing the air terminal in the Colombian capital, announced that for Easter there will be a high flow of travelers leaving and arriving in Bogotá.
For this reason, he announced a series of measures that seek to guarantee the safety of travelers during those seven days. In each of these, the El Dorado International Airport expects to receive more than 50,000 passengers per day.
Among the recommendations provided by the air terminal are the following:
1. Download the CoronApp mobile app to be able to verify your own health status, as well as the data of the flight to take with the QR code generated by the application valid for 24 hours.
2. If the origin or destination of the trip is international, request the Check – Mig application be downloaded, which allows you to have a record of trips to be made, as well as symptoms or warnings to arrive or leave a specific country.
3. Check the special requirements of the city or country where you are going. In this case, considering that in some cities in Colombia there will be restrictive measures for mobility or entry to places, such as curfew or peak and ID. Similarly, for international destinations it is important to verify whether or not a PCR test for detection of covid-19 is required in the city of arrival.
4. Arrive early to El Dorado. Taking into account the number of travelers expected and other external factors that could delay arrival at the air terminal, the airport recommends being there two hours in advance for domestic flights and three hours in advance for international flights.
5. Print or digitally generate the flight boarding pass from the airline page.
6. Prepare to enter unaccompanied escorts to the airport. The entry of other people who are not going to travel is restricted.
7. If a family member or friend leaves it at the airport, the travel companion must leave the person within the permitted areas and leave immediately to avoid vehicular traffic and crowds.
8. Keep the mask on at all times. The airport suggest accommodating it correctly, that is, covering both mouth and nose and avoiding constant touching.
9. Keep as At least two meters away from other people in each of the rows prior to getting on the aircraft.
10. Carry out constant hand washing within the disinfection points that are installed inside the airport facilities.
In this regard, Tomás Aragón Palacios, Operations Manager of Opain, said that it is important to comply with each of the above tips to prevent outbreaks of massive contagion at Easter. This was expressed by Aragón Palacios:
During Easter it is possible that travelers have to wait in the entrance lines to the terminal, between 10 and 15 minutes, since they must comply with the biosafety processes imposed by the national government, for this we recommend arriving two hours in advance for domestic flights and three hours for international