In 2020, after a two-month break, the program Tous en cuisine had made a comeback on Monday, August 24 on M6, still with the same principle of seeing Cyril Lignac make live recipes that everyone can reproduce from home. But before that the favorite chef of the French – so that the faithful of the show could cook at the same time as him – had unveiled on August 14 the ingredients necessary for the recipe chosen by the chef; this was the Niçoise salad.
Salade niçoise by Cyril Lignac: a first version of his recipe which caused controversy!
However, in its first version published on the internet, his recipe had made many internet users reacts, who considered it too far removed from the traditional recipe; Cyril Lignac added potatoes and beans to it and offered seared tuna instead of that in oil that we find in the Niçoise salad. The native of Rodez had therefore agreed to backtrack to avoid the diplomatic incident and finally got everyone to agree.
Here’s how to make Cyril Lignac’s Niçoise salad!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Recipe for 4 people
- 6 beef heart tomatoes, washed
- 2 stalks of celery, washed, peeled and sliced
- 1 green pepper, washed, seeded and cut into strips
- 6 scallion onions, washed and cut into thin slices
- 1 bunch of radish, hulled, washed and cut in half
- 4 artichokes marinated in olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 nice piece of tuna in olive oil
- 1 romaine, washed and stripped (or lettuce heart)
- 6 marinated anchovies
- A few basil leaves
- A few black olives
- Olive oil
- Sherry vinegar (or your choice)
- Fine salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the eggs 6 minutes so that they are soft. At the end of cooking, immerse them in an ice water bath and peel them in the water. Cut them into quarters.
- Cut the tomatoes then the artichokes. Detail the romaine leaves.
- In a large dish, place the romaine leaves, gently and harmoniously add the tomatoes, peppers, celery, spring onions, radishes, egg quarters, artichokes, tuna and anchovy fillets.
- Pour a dash of olive oil and a dash of sherry vinegar to season, add a little salt and a turn of the pepper mill. Finish with the black olives and the basil leaves.
Read also :
Osso buco by Cyril Lignac: a quick, easy and delicious recipe (“The perfect family dish”)
Strawberry soup by Cyril Lignac: a delicious and simple recipe, perfect for sunny days
Cyril Lignac recipes: the best recipes from Tous en cuisine