(Relaxnews) – For 4 people – Preparation: 20 to 40 min – Cooking: 30 to 40 min
70 g almond powder
100 g brocciu (or bush)
4 mini fennels
Caramel with thyme
3 sprigs of thyme
– Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
– Prepare the financiers. In a bowl pour the flour, sugar and almond powder. Mix then add the olive oil and the egg whites (they are not added to prevent the preparation from swelling during cooking). Mix again with a whisk.
– Distribute the dough in silicone financier molds on a layer of about 2 cm and place in the oven for 10 to 15 min of cooking (the financiers must be nicely browned).
– Prepare the candied fennels. Wash and dry the mini fennels. In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and brown them on both sides. Add the sugar, zest and lemon juice. Leave to cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes (turn halfway through cooking). Reserve.
– Prepare the thyme caramel. In a saucepan, pour the sugar and water. Bring to a boil and place the thyme sprigs. Let caramelize. Stir from time to time. When the caramel is well colored remove the thyme and smooth the preparation. Let cool.
– Dressing: place two financiers on each plate. Distribute the brocciu and then the candied mini fennels among the financiers. Decorate the plate with a dash of caramel and fresh raspberries.