This Mexican-inspired taco recipe to start the week is by Trish Deseine. In his new book Succulent cereals (Éd. Menu Fretin), the cookbook author offers 80 recipes based on cereals and therefore, here, corn.
Cooking time :
Preparation time :
For 6 persons
• 1 small new onion or Cévennes, thinly sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 400 g of skinless chicken breasts
• 1 C. to s. crushed cumin seeds (or ground cumin)
• 2 or 3 tbsp. to s. olive oil
• salt pepper
• 6 corn tortillas
• 1 bunch of finely chopped radishes
• a few lettuce leaves to serve
• lime juice
1. Cut the chicken into strips.
2. Put all the ingredients except the radishes and the salad in a bowl, and mix to marinate the chicken.
3. Heat some oil in a pan and fry the tortillas, folding them in half without closing them completely. When they are golden brown and a little crunchy, take them out of the pan, place them on absorbent paper and keep them warm.
4. Fry, or better yet, grill the chicken.
5. Serve the chicken strips in the tacos with the radishes, salad leaves, sauces and lime juice.
A word from Trish
Fresh, crunchy and light. Play with the spices and peppers in your cupboard.
All you need to know: Mexican tortillas
Keywords: tacos recipe – tortilla recipe – Trish Deseine