Ingredients for 4 persons
- 600 g of potatoes (purple variety Ulysses),
- 1 egg yolk,
- 1 C. to s. old-fashioned mustard (grains),
- 20 cl of organic rapeseed and / or sunflower oil (or more, if necessary),
- 1 C. to c. yellow curry powder,
- 1 C. to c. honey,
- 1 C. to s. lemon juice,
- salt, freshly ground black pepper,
- 1 small Trinidad Perfume pepper (optional),
- some biquinho peppers in pickles (optional),
- ½ bunch of chives.
Steam the potatoes or in salted water for 20-25 minutes, then drain them and let them cool. Prepare a mayonnaise: put the egg yolk in a bowl, add the mustard, mix with a whisk. Very slowly add the oil in a fine stream. Once the mayonnaise is assembled, add the lemon juice, honey, curry, salt, pepper and very finely chopped Trinidad pepper (and seeds removed).
Chop the chives. Peel the lukewarm potatoes. Cut them into large slices. Add the potatoes and chives to the mayonnaise and stir well. Garnish with a few pickled peppers, if necessary, and serve at room temperature, as an accompaniment to meat, fish or simply with a green salad.