Featured news from tourism
The pandemic changed the habits of travelers and also the rules for the entry of tourists to each country, therefore, keep these recommendations in mind if you are planning a trip outside the country.
The reactivation of the various economic sectors worldwide has led to an increase in people’s intention to travel and in the demand for international flights to make trips with different purposes. However, there are several factors that must be taken into account before scheduling a trip to achieve a good level of peace of mind and avoid setbacks.
It is for this reason that Pilar Gallo, commercial director of Universal Assistance in Colombia, provides some Practical tips for people who are contemplating this type of trip soon.
Before planning your trip to an international destination, consider:
- Be sure to make a detailed review of your documents. It is ideal to check the validity dates of your passport and visa (if required by the destination you are going to travel to). “In times of COVID-19, it is sometimes difficult to obtain renewal appointments and many times, you have to wait long periods to obtain them at the Foreign Ministry or at the Embassies,” explains Gallo. Remember that it is also essential to review the requirements of the destination country. Many still require a negative COVID-19 test.
- Plan ahead The dates on which you will travel in order to proceed with the purchase of air tickets as some frequencies and flights have been changing lately. Also, separate your hotel and, if you prefer to feel more secure, the experiences you will have at the destination. Remember to keep in mind the recommendations and requirements of the airlines for your trip.
- If you are going to seek advice from a travel agency, verify that it is an agency that has National Tourism Registry and that you really have the support to offer the plans you are looking for.
- It is vital to have enough cash and credit cards to cover the incidental expenses that may arise at the destination.
(Read also: Vaccination tourism: Where to travel to get vaccinated?)
- Have a service traveler assistance that offers wide coverage and flexibility for medical consultations, extended hours and channels that facilitate the attention of consultations with expert personnel. “In addition to the above, benefits such as expenses for cancellation or interruption of travel, hotel for convalescence or quarantine, transfer and accommodation of the family group and flight rescheduling penalty, among others, are characteristics that must be taken into account at the time of purchase. an assistance to the traveler and that they offer enormous support to the passenger when he is in another country ”, highlights the expert.
- Continue with prevention measures such as the use of a mask, hand washing and physical distancing and abide by the guidelines in force at the destination.
- Remember that the completion of the Check-Mig is still valid for your international trips.
What are the most reserved international destinations?
A recent report by the travel company Despegar Colombia reveals which will be the destinations most visited by Colombians, during June and July of this year.
The United States is usually one of the favorites of Colombians internationally. This time it takes the first two places in the preferences, followed by Mexico with the third and fourth place:
- Miami, USA.
- New York, USA.
- Cancun, Mexico.
- Mexico City, Mexico.
- Madrid Spain.