Which Lexus UX 250h to choose? – Building on an identity brand image, based on the principle of hybridization, Lexus launched the UX in early 2019, a compact (4.50 m) crossover with strong character.
Protruding edges, tapered lines, pronounced sides and a flared grille, this Lexus based on the deeply reworked platform of the Toyota C-HR takes up the stylistic codes of SUVs, but is content with a ride height limited to 16 cm.
This is less than its main competitors, called Mercedes GLA, Audi Q3, Volvo XC40 or BMW X1.
Elegantly presented, the Japanese look original, with an instrumentation cap topped with two knobs, one on each side.
However, you have to get used to handling the multimedia system, which you control via a touchpad (or thanks to the touch screen itself).
At the rear, the roominess is very decent, but we regret a trunk volume unworthy of the category: its capacity, limited to 265 liters, is less than that of a small Renault Clio.
In terms of dynamics, UX is an excellent traveling companion. Very smooth, its mechanics are rather sober and its damping takes care of the back.
Lexus UX 250h: the equipment
- In basic version (from € 36,990), the UX 250h carries 8 airbags, including two for the knees of the front passengers, an autonomous emergency braking system, lane-keeping system, cruise control and traffic sign recognition.
Bluetooth connectivity, the 7 ”screen compatible with Android Auto / Apple CarPlay, the Panasonic audio system with 6 speakers, the four USB ports (2 in front, 2 in the back) are also standard equipment.
The Japanese also includes LED daytime running lights, bi-LED headlights, electric exterior mirrors, 17 ”alloy wheels,“ hands-free ”starting, automatic two-zone air conditioning and the 60/40 folding bench seat.
- Beyond that, the Pack and Pack Business versions are reserved for professional customers.
They add LED fog lights, rain-sensing wipers, aluminum roof rails and the reversing camera in Pack, then have in addition the motorized tailgate, reversing radars and hands-free access. ”In Business Pack.
- In Luxury finish (from 41,990 €), the UX adds LED fog lights, intersection lighting, automatic windshield wipers, aluminum roof rails and dark-tinted rear windows to the base version.
Front and rear parking cameras, reversing camera, induction smartphone charging, "hands-free" access are also added to the equipment, as well as leather upholstery and heated front seats.
- The F Sport version (from € 45,490) It features a honeycomb grille, specific headlamps with headlamp washers and 18 ”alloy wheels.
It benefits from the motorized tailgate, steering wheel paddles, aluminum pedals, fabric / imitation leather upholstery and electrically adjustable front seats.
- The F Sport Executive finish (from € 55,490) combines sport and luxury with, in addition to metallic paint, blind spot monitoring and rear traffic detection when maneuvering, and adaptive rear suspension with Sport + driving mode.
In addition, it integrates the head-up display, the multimedia system with 10.3 ”screen, the Mark Levinson audio system with 13 speakers, the GPS, the 360 ° camera and easy access (steering wheel and seat). mobile drivers when the engine is stopped / started).
The leather upholstery, the heated and electrically adjustable steering wheel and the driver's seat (and mirror settings) with memory complete the equipment.
- The Executive version (from € 53,990) incorporates the equipment of the F Sport Executive trim, but without the sporty treatment.
Our advice: the Luxe version seems to be the best placed for the price / endowment ratio. However, it lacks some equipment. Special mention, too, to the F Sport Executive, very expensive but with plethora of equipment.
Lexus UX: in gasoline hybrid
The advantage of UX? Once you have decided on the purchase of this model, there is no need to wonder about the mechanics: it's 250 hours … or nothing! However, the Japanese crossover is available with two or four-wheel drive.
In the case of all-wheel drive called E-Four (from € 39,490), a small dedicated electric motor drives the rear wheels.
Consisting of a 2.0-liter 16-valve 152 hp engine and a synchronous electric 109 hp (and 7 hp rear in AWD) powered by a small NiMH battery, the hybrid system boasts 184 hp in cumulative power.
What flirt with the 180 km / h peak and reach 100 km / h in less than 9 seconds. In use, this engine is smooth and pleasant, it delivers frank acceleration despite a fuel-intensive E-CVT transmission.
And the UX remains a model of soundproofing, even if the mechanics are a little louder with acceleration. The average consumption was less than 7 l / 100 km during our test.
Lexus UX: in electric
This is the news at Lexus: the UX is coming to an electric version. This model called 300e, available at the end of 2020, has a 204 hp engine and announces a 0 to 100 km / h swallowed in 7.5 seconds.
Its 54.3 kWh Lithium-Ion battery allows it to achieve 300 kilometers of range according to the WLTP certification cycle. Base price: € 49,990.
Lexus UX 250h: uno option to choose from?
For the purchase of a Luxury version, the sunroof is still available as an option at € 1,000. Same price for GPS. But Lexus’s policy is not about options. However, to compensate for the low volume of the trunk, the brand offers packs including roof bars… and roof boxes!
Datasheet (Lexus UX 250h)
- LxWxH (m): 4.50 × 1.84 × 1.54
- Wheelbase (m): 2.64
- Tank (l): 43
- Chest at 5 (l): 265 (235 in AWD)
The Lexus UX in numbers
- 5: in years, this is the warranty on the Lexus UX 250h battery. The vehicle is guaranteed for 3 years or 100,000 km, whichever comes first.
- 9,518: in kilometers, this is the distance between Kyushu, the UX production site, and Vaucresson, where the head office of Toyota-Lexus France is located, in the Paris region.
- 4,495: in millimeters, this is the length of the UX, a template very close to that of the BMW X1 (4,439 mm) and Audi Q3 (4,484 mm), two of its main competitors.
- 32.8: in percentage, this is the share made by the UX 250h in Lexus sales in 2019, in France. The Japanese manufacturer has sold 7,159 cars, including 2,350 UX units.
- 41: this is the number of points of sale Lexus has in France.
- 1,104: this is the number of UX sold in France during the first six months of 2020 marked by the health crisis.
Lexus brand news, seen by auto-moto.com:
Test, Lexus ES 300h: doctor ES comfort
Lexus: first teaser for the future IS
Lexus RC F Track Edition review: sound, less picture