Ingredients for 6 people
– 1 kg of pork cheeks
– 500 g of small button mushrooms
– 250 g of smoked bacon
– 3 shallots
– 15 cl of dry white wine
– 30 cl of chicken broth
– 4 tbsp. heavy cream
– A few sprigs of chervil for the finish
– Salt pepper
Preparation: 30 min
Cooking: 1 hour
Budget: Fairly inexpensive
1. Clean the mushrooms, remove the earthy end and quickly rinse them under water, dry them. Peel and slice the shallots. Cut the pork cheeks into pieces.
2. In a sauté pan, heat the oil and brown the pieces of meat with the bacon over high heat, salt and pepper moderately. When it is golden, remove the meat from the pan with the bacon and brown the shallots and mushrooms instead.
3. Return the meat to the pan, add the white wine and the broth, cover and cook over low heat for 40 minutes.
4. After this time, add the crème fraîche, and cook for 10 minutes uncovered so that the sauce reduces.
5. Arrange the pork cheeks, mushrooms and cream in a heated serving dish. Sprinkle with chopped chervil and serve.