(IPHONE 12) No less than 4 new smartphones, all equipped with the A14 Bionic chip and 5G compatible, should be presented on October 13th.
(Update October 8, 2020 at 3:58 p.m.) Only a few days left before Apple's long-awaited keynote. As a reminder, it is almost a month after the presentation of the new Apple Watch and iPad, that Apple will unveil its new smartphones. The firm at the apple has invited the public to a keynote presentation which will take place on Tuesday, October 13, 2020, at 7 p.m., and will be called "High, Speed". No doubt a nod to 5G, with which the iPhone will be compatible for the very first time. Remember that 4 models should be presented: the iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max. The iPhone 12 mini would have a 5.4-inch screen. The most curious can watch this video from the EverythingApplePro account which, with supporting images, deciphers Apple's next toy. The price of four next iPhone 12, all 5G compatible and equipped with the A14 Bionic chip, should vary between 800 and 1,600 euros depending on the storage capacity. Note that, according to the Ming-Chi Kuo analysis, headphones and chargers are no longer automatically offered. As much to save money on the Apple side as to avoid wasting accessories.
In exceptional circumstances, exceptional outing. The coronavirus crisis will have turned the plans of many companies upside down in 2020 and Apple is one of them. The firm at the apple will present the successors of the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max to October 13, 2020 during a keynote called "High, Speed". The sale would take place around ten days later, probably on Friday 23 October 2020. Note that this release would only concern the basic iPhone 12, the pro versions, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max are expected for November.
At Apple, we are in the premium and the 2020 range should be no exception to the rule. The next iPhones should be sold between 800 and 1,600 euros, depending on the range and storage capacity. GF Securities expert assures standard iPhone 12 will be sold $ 50 more than the iPhone 11 last year, or $ 749. In Europe, the iPhone 12 would therefore be sold from 809 euros. An increase that can be explained by the addition of Oled screens and 5G. Apple customers can, however, benefit from advantageous conditions when they renew their iPhone. Note that to lower the cost price of its next smartphone, Apple has decided to no longer add charger and headphones. In most markets, only the Lightning cable will be present.
- Four iPhone 12 : While Apple has a habit of releasing three different models at each start of the school year, analysts at JP Morgan believe that the Apple firm could depart from the rule in 2020. Rather, it would be four models that would be unveiled during the keynote September. Apple would present two classic models of 5.4 and 6.1 inches and two Pro models of 6.1 and 6.7 inches. All of them would of course have an Oled screen and 5G connectivity. Here is, in picture, what it would give, according to the always well inspired Benjamin Geskin. Still according to JP Morgan, Apple would consider carrying out two model releases from 2021, to allow its suppliers to organize themselves better.
- 5G: we hoped (without really believing it) in 2019, but it is in 2020 that 5G technology should make its appearance in iPhones, according to an article published recently in the Nikkei Asian Review. Enough to allow Apple to catch up on the competition, all the main players in the sector (Samsung, Huawei or Xiaomi) having been there.
- Oled screen: except surprise, the iPhone 12 will be equipped with Oled panel, Apple definitively abandoning the LCD material. The 9to5mac site predicts that the next high-end iPhones will be equipped with a 120 Hz screen. Apple would therefore follow in the footsteps of Samsung and its Galaxy S20 (already equipped with such a screen). The iPhone 12 Pro would therefore be able to change the display frequency of their screen, going from 60 to 120 Hz depending on the content displayed.
- X55 chip and A14 Bionic processor:On the hardware side, the new iPhones should be even more powerful with the integration of Qualcomm's X55 chip, the best on the market, and an upgrade of the processor, which will be the Apple A14 Bionic. The latter should be based on the 5nm etching process, developed by TSMC. A first in the world of smartphones and a way for Apple to continue to improve the capacity of its iPhones in terms of image processing and AI.
- Notch: the design of the iPhone will significantly evolve according to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who predicts that Apple will integrate a smaller notch in the iPhone 12. Leaker Benjamin Geskin goes further by announcing the disappearance of the notch on iPhone in 2020. The designer reveals that Apple has developed a prototype covered with a 100% borderless AmOled screen. The sensors required for Face ID and 3D facial recognition would therefore be integrated into the upper border. "One of the 2020 iPhone prototypes has a 6.7-inch screen with Face ID and TrueDepth camera in the top border," Geskin said.
- Face ID: iPhone 12s should be equipped with a boosted Face ID camera. With a wider viewing angle, it would allow the user to unlock their iPhone more easily.
- 120 Hz screen and LiDAR: the leaker John Prosser has released a new video, which tells us more about the next smartphone from the firm to the apple. In this video which highlights a PVT model (production validating testing, editor's note), currently being validated, we discover a series of settings which tell us that the iPhone 12 Pro Max would have a frame rate of 120 Hz and an "Adaptive refresh rate" feature allowing the iPhone to adapt by itself the frequency of the image (this one varying between 60 and 120 Hz). The leaker adds that the iPhone 12 Pro Max would be equipped with a LiDAR sensor (already offered in the iPad Pro 2020), allowing it to improve auto-focus and detection of subjects in night mode. Note that the site EverythingApplePro claims for its part that the iPhone 12 Pro will be equipped with a 6.7-inch Super Retina XDR panel with a definition of 2,788 x 1,284 pixels and a resolution of 458 pixels.
iPad, Apple Watch, iMac, Mac Mini, Magic Keyboards, cables, accessories … The world of Apple products is larger than we think. Which to choose? The answer in our guide to buying Apple products.