The screen is one of the most expensive, but also the most fragile, components of a smartphone. Its replacement in case of breakage often hurts the wallet. If Apple is renowned for the quality of its devices, it is not, however, for the positioning of its repair service … and it is not the price of a new screen for iPhone 12 that will make us say the opposite.
The price of an OLED panel?
Be sure to take good care of your new iPhone because the repair of an out-of-warranty panel is now billed at 311 euros, or 90 euros more than for the iPhone 11. An increase which is certainly explained by the arrival of technology OLED rather than the previous generation LCD. As for the battery, the price remains the same, still 75 euros and even 55 euros for the iPhone 8 and earlier models.
If you are the clumsy type, the firm at the apple offers its AppleCare + service at 169 euros for the iPhone 12. Once covered, the replacement of the first two screens is billed at 29 euros.
Find all the information about the new iPhone 12:
- iPhone 12 (iPhone 2020): features, price, release date, news, everything you need to know about new Apple smartphones
- iPhone 12: why Apple no longer provides headphones or power adapters
- With the iPhone 12 Mini, Apple reinvests the compact smartphone market
- Apple announced the iPhone 12 Pro Max, the largest of the iPhones
- Apple formalizes the iPhone 12 Pro: the iPhone 12 better
- IPhone 12: Apple brings MacBook's MagSafe back to life
- Apple announces iPhone 12: 5G, A14, 6.1-inch OLED, a solid upgrade