(iPhone 2020) 5G, A14 Bionic processor and 3D rear camera should accompany the release of the successors of the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro, scheduled for mid-September 2020.
We are already working on Apple's side to prepare the next generation of iPhone. The successors of the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max should be three, again, in 2020. Nothing has yet filtered in terms of their name, which could be iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max if Apple sticks to its roadmap. Scheduled for September 2020, the next iPhone should ship many novelties while the range released in 2019 has not enjoyed many improvements. An intermediate model, iPhone SE 2, sold less than 400 euros, could be presented in the spring.
- The 5G: we hoped (without really believing) in 2019 … but it is in 2020 that the 5G technology should make its appearance in the iPhone, according to an article recently published in the Nikkei Asian Review. What allow Apple to catch up on the competition, all major players in the sector (Samsung, Huawei or Xiaomi) having passed.
- Notch: the design of the iPhone will change significantly according to the analyst Ming-Chi Kuo who predicts that Apple will integrate a smaller notch in the iPhone 12. The leaker Benjamin Geskin goes further by announcing the disappearance of the notch on the iPhone 2020. Always knowledgeable, the designer reveals that Apple would have developed a prototype covered with a 100% borderless AmOled screen. The sensors needed for Face ID and 3D facial recognition would therefore be integrated into the upper border. "One of the iPhone 2020 prototypes has a 6.7-inch screen with Face ID and TrueDepth camera in the top edge," said Geskin.
- X55 chip and A14 Bionic processor: hardware, the new iPhone should be even more powerful with the integration of the chip Qualcomm X55, the best on the market, and a processor upgrade, which will be the Apple A14 Bionic. The latter should be based on the 5nm engraving process developed by TSMC. A first in the world of smartphones and a way for Apple to continue to improve the capacity of its iPhone in image processing and AI.
- Oled screen: except surprise, the iPhone 12 will be equipped with Oled slab, Apple permanently abandoning the LCD material.
- ToF rear camera: big innovation in perspective. Apple is reportedly developing a rear 3D camera module, according to Ming-Chi Kuo. This module, called ToF sensor (time of flight), would integrate the two high-end models of the next generation of iPhone, explains the site MacRumors. The new feature would allow the iPhone's camera to identify the user's environment and transcribe it into augmented reality, within apps or games.
The successors of the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max should be unsurprisingly presented in mid-September 2020, during a keynote in Cupertino, for commercialization a few days later.
At Apple, we do in the premium and the 2020 range should not derogate from the rule. The next iPhone should be sold between 800 and 1600 euros, depending on the range and storage capacity. Apple customers, however, can benefit from advantageous terms when they renew their iPhone.
The successor of the iPhone SE, released in 2016, should make its arrival in 2020. This intermediate model, eagerly awaited by fans, could be more affordable and its release would take place next March according to the predictions of analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. It would be available in two storage formats (64 and 128 GB) and three colors (red, sidereal gray and silver). The analyst expects a sale price of 399 dollars, identical to that of the iPhone SE at its launch. That would make it, by far, the cheapest iPhone on the market.