(IPHONE 12) The apple company has invited Internet users to a presentation keynote which should feature the Apple Watch more than the iPhone 12.
(Update September 10, 2020 at 11:19 a.m.) Who will be the star of Apple's next keynote, scheduled for the 15th next September at 7:00 p.m. Paris time? As usual, the apple firm leaves us unsatisfied. Nothing in the invitation sent makes it possible to guess what it will be about. But according to Bloomberg, one should not expect to discover the new iPhone 12 there. They have not yet been delivered and it will be necessary to wait until October 2020 to get to know them. Orders for SLP products, these printed circuits that will equip the new iPhones, were made in July for 6.1-inch models … But Apple suppliers had to wait until the end of August to start the delivery of SLPs linked to the 5.4 and 6.7 inch models. Another bad news: the release of these iPhones would be spread over time. First the iPhone 12 and 12 Max then the Pro versions. What will it be, then, on September 15? Probably the Apple Watch, in this case the Series 6, and a new iPad, Air version.
If theiPhone SE, the entry-level model of Apple, is already available, the firm at the apple is also active to prepare the successors of the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max. Nothing has filtered out yet regarding their names, which could be iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Max, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max. Apple would release four smartphones this year. Initially scheduled for September 2020, the next iPhone should be released a month later, in October 2020. They should include a number of new features, while the range released in 2019 has not benefited from many improvements. They will be equipped withiOS 14, of the 5G, a 120 Hz screen … but no headphones and chargers which will no longer be integrated by default in the iPhone case.
In exceptional circumstances, exceptional outing. The coronavirus crisis will have turned the plans of many companies upside down in 2020 and Apple is one of them. The firm at the apple, confirmed during a conference call with its investors, that the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Max would be launched a few weeks later than the usual schedule, in October. However, nothing says that Apple will shift the presentation keynote. The group could decide to keep the latter at the usual time slot, the second week of September, with a release scheduled for sometime in October. Leaker Jon Prosser is not of this opinion, however. He assures that Apple would also have decided to push back his keynote which would take place the week of October 12, 2020. Apple has a habit of doing its keynotes on Tuesday, so this would give a release date to the October 13, 2020. The sale would take place around ten days later, probably on Friday 23 October 2020. Note that this release would only concern the basic iPhone 12, the pro versions being, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max are expected for November.
At Apple, we do in the premium and the 2020 range should be no exception to the rule. The next iPhones should be sold between 800 and 1600 euros, depending on the range and storage capacity. An expert from GF Securities assures that the standard iPhone 12 will be sold $ 50 more than the iPhone 11 last year, or $ 749. In Europe, the iPhone 12 would therefore be sold from 809 euros. An increase that can be explained by the addition of Oled screens and 5G. Apple customers can, however, benefit from advantageous conditions when they renew their iPhone. Note that to lower the cost price of your next smartphone, Apple has decided not to add a charger and headphones to it. In most markets, only the Lightning cable will be present.
- Four iPhone 12 : While Apple has a habit of releasing three different models at each start of the school year, analysts at JP Morgan believe that the Apple firm could depart from the rule in 2020. Rather, it would be four models that would be unveiled during the keynote September. Apple would present two classic models of 5.4 and 6.1 inches and two Pro models of 6.1 and 6.7 inches. All of them would of course have an Oled screen and 5G connectivity. Here is, in picture, what it would give, according to the always well-inspired Benjamin Geskin. Still according to JP Morgan, Apple would consider making two model releases from 2021, to allow its suppliers to better organize themselves.
- 5G: we hoped (without really believing it) in 2019, but it is in 2020 that 5G technology should make its appearance in iPhones, according to an article published recently in the Nikkei Asian Review. Enough to allow Apple to catch up on the competition, all the main players in the sector (Samsung, Huawei or Xiaomi) having been there.
- Oled screen: except surprise, the iPhone 12 will be equipped with Oled panel, Apple definitely abandoning the LCD material. The 9to5mac site predicts that the next high-end iPhones will be equipped with a 120 Hz screen. Apple would therefore follow in the footsteps of Samsung and its Galaxy S20 (already equipped with such a screen). The iPhone 12 Pro would therefore be able to change the display frequency of their screen, going from 60 to 120 Hz depending on the content displayed.
- X55 chip and A14 Bionic processor: On the hardware side, the new iPhones should be even more powerful with the integration of Qualcomm's X55 chip, the best on the market, and an upgrade of the processor, which will be the Apple A14 Bionic. The latter should be based on the 5nm etching process, developed by the TSMC company. A first in the world of smartphones and a way for Apple to continue to improve the capacity of its iPhones in terms of image processing and AI.
- Notch: the design of the iPhone will significantly evolve according to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who predicts that Apple will integrate a smaller notch in the iPhone 12. Leaker Benjamin Geskin goes further by announcing the disappearance of the notch on iPhone in 2020. The designer reveals that Apple has developed a prototype covered with a 100% borderless AmOled screen. The sensors required for Face ID and 3D facial recognition would therefore be integrated into the upper border. "One of the 2020 iPhone prototypes has a 6.7-inch screen with Face ID and TrueDepth camera in the top border," Geskin said.
- Face ID: iPhone 12s should be equipped with a boosted Face ID camera. With a wider viewing angle, it would allow the user to unlock their iPhone more easily.
- 120 Hz screen and LiDAR: the leaker John Prosser has released a new video, which tells us more about the next smartphone from the firm to the apple. In this video which highlights a PVT model (production validating testing, editor's note), currently being validated, we discover a series of settings which tell us that the iPhone 12 Pro Max would have a frame rate of 120 Hz and an "Adaptive refresh rate" feature allowing the iPhone to adapt by itself the frequency of the image (this varies between 60 and 120 Hz). The leaker adds that the iPhone 12 Pro Max would be equipped with a LiDAR sensor (already offered in the iPad Pro 2020), allowing it to improve auto-focus and detection of subjects in night mode. Note that the site EverythingApplePro claims for its part that the iPhone 12 Pro will be equipped with a 6.7-inch Super Retina XDR panel with a definition of 2,788 x 1,284 pixels and a resolution of 458 pixels.