It is possible to strengthen your immune system thanks to your diet. Here is the recipe for a breakfast recommended by Dr. Catherine Lacrosnière, nutritionist doctor, to achieve this. The opportunity to perhaps discover new flavors with a recipe based on Kefir yogurt.
Doctor Catherine Lacrosnière is the author of "The anti-inflammatory diet". Guest of "Grand Bien Vous Fasse", she offers you a choice dish to help you strengthen your immune defenses:
How to boost your immunity with the perfect breakfast plate
By Catherine Lacrosnière
What are the benefits of kefir yogurt?
Originally from the Caucasus, kefir yogurt is the basis of milk (goat, sheep, camel) that nomadic populations transported in skin bottles. As we traveled, the milk fermented to become a thicker, more acidic beverage that tasted like yogurt. There is also fruit kefir, which obviously makes a sweeter carbonated drink.
For this recipe, we will use milk kefir that goes without saying. You can either buy it (most often in an organic store) or do it yourself.
For make kefir yogurt, you will need milk, kefir grains, sugar.
- 30 g of kefir
- 50 cl of milk (preferably whole)
- Optional a teaspoon of sugar (according to taste)
Put the milk and the grains in a jar, let stand for 24 hours (protected from light and without closing the jar). Keep the preparation at room temperature and stir from time to time if possible. This is the stage of fermentation.
After this step, remove the kefir grains by filtering the contents.
Pour the contents of the jar (milk without the grains) into a glass bottle, cover with a cloth and let stand at room temperature. This will allow the liquid to thicken.
You can then place the bottle in the fridge and enjoy your yogurt.
Doctor Catherine Lacrosnière specifies:
It is a recipe really rich in probiotics, these micro bacteria which are extremely beneficial for the microbiota. We will find vitamin A there to stimulate the production of white blood cells and antibodies.
Ideal breakfast recipe to activate your immune system
- On this kefir, we will put red berries "for their antioxidant and antiviral vitamins C. Vitamin C promotes the action of macrophages and participates in the production of T lymphocytes."
- Let's add to it acai berries powder "particularly rich in vitamin C"
- Cocoa "rich in vitamin D which provides, in addition to vitamin D, vitamin A which will improve immunity, especially in the elderly"
- Let's add to it oilseeds, almonds, brazil nuts. "Almonds provide copper which stimulates the production of antibodies and, on the other hand, Brazil nuts are particularly rich in selenium which helps the functioning of certain white blood cells T lymphocytes"
- Then crushed flax seeds for omega 3. "It is important to pound them well so that these fatty acids that stimulate the immune system are bioavailable and can pass through the barrier of the intestine"
- Finally, add sesame seeds which "will provide you with iron, and will help fight against iron deficiency anemia. Excellent when fatigue takes over. Very good resistance to infections."
🎧 REPLAY – Great Good You Do : How does our immune system work and how can we strengthen it?
📖 READ – Catherine Lacrosniere : Anti-inflammatory diet (Albin Michel)