This tiramisu pancake cake recipe will totally change your life (or at least your weekend)! Call your friends, candlelight is fast approaching.
When the icon of french cuisine meet the most delicious dessert of Italian cuisine, we can’t stop our stomachs from rumbling. For the candlestick, the pancakes are being reinvented and coated with mascarpone, to become a dessert to die for: the tiramisu pancake cake. Yes, you read that right, pancakes that form a tiramisu, to put stars in the eyes of all your loved ones! This incredible recipe was imagined for the candlestick by Tefal and ChefClub, who co-created a Récréa Crêpes collection, in limited edition.
Tefal is organizing the Candlemas Marathon on Tuesday February 2. A day of Lives on their Facebook page as well as on their Youtube channel, we can discover Stéphane Plaza, Abdelkarim Mehiaou and Chef Gabriella (Best Pastry Chef).
Tiramisu-style pancake cake recipe
For 6 persons
Ingredients for the pancake batter:
- 4 eggs
- 250g of flour
- 6 cl of vegetable oil
- 50 g sugar
- 50 cl of milk
Ingredients for the filling:
- 50 g icing sugar
- 125 g of mascarpone
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1L of liquid cream
- Cocoa Powder
- 1 rectangular plate
- 1 electric whisk
- 1 freezer bag
The stages of preparation:
- Preparation of the pancakes: mix 4 eggs, flour, oil and sugar then add the milk while mixing. Bake 9 pancakes.
- Assembling the whipped cream: cover the baking sheet with 5 pancakes, letting them hang over the sides. Whip the icing sugar, mascarpone, scraped vanilla and liquid cream into whipped cream. Place the whipped cream in the freezer bag, cut in one of the lower corners to use as a pastry bag.
- Assembly: cover the pancakes in the baking sheet with ⅓ of the whipped cream (for a fresher dessert, do not hesitate to add fruit), place 2 pancakes on top and cover them with another third of whipped cream (if you have opted for the cooler dessert, you can add fruit here too). Place 2 more pancakes and fold over those that protrude to cover the baking sheet.
- Decoration of tiramisu: refrigerate for 30 minutes. When it comes out of the fridge, cover the whole plate with hazelnuts with whipped cream and sprinkle with cocoa. Cut into slices then enjoy.
- Spread the whipped cream on each layer so that it fits well between the pancakes to prevent them from breaking.
- Bring a flavor to the whipped cream (cocoa, coffee, caramel) according to your tastes.
Read also :
Candlemas: this recipe for light pancakes without milk will delight those who do not like lactose!
Here is the ultra gourmet and unmistakable recipe for crêpes Suzette imagined by pastry chef Benoit Castel!