When we dive into our childhood memories, some grandma’s recipes resurface like the milk rice. This regressive and gourmet dessert Melts us both for its creamy and vanilla side and for the light crunch of the rice. It’s simple, you want to immerse your spoon in it as soon as it is ready. The only thing is, it’s not always easy to get it right the first time. creamy rice pudding. Some tips are essential and the pastry chef Cyril Lignac knows something about it, he recently shared them on the air RTL.
Chef Cyril Lignac’s advice for making a creamy rice pudding
As with chouquettes, the success of a good creamy rice pudding is based on the choice of ingredients. For Cyril Lignac, the basis is to have a round rice. With its high starch content, it is ideal for naturally thickening dessert preparations. Likewise, favor whole milk to provide flavor and smoothness. Then one of the important steps in the preparation is to let the temperature of the rice fall in the open air, instead of placing it directly in the fridge. Finally, the chef’s final touch to make the gourmet rice pudding is to add delicately whipped cream like a whipped cream.
Cyril Lignac’s super easy rice pudding recipe
Preparation time: 1 hour.
Cooking time: 25 minutes.
To make a delicious rice pudding, you need :
- 120 g round rice
- 525 ml whole milk
- 45 g sugar
- 2 vanilla pods
- Fresh cream
Chef’s tip: you can replace the vanilla with cinnamon, honey, lemon zest or, for a tangy note, a passion fruit.
The preparation steps:
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the rice for two minutes to make the grains pop. Drain and rinse it well.
- In another saucepan, pour the milk, sugar and add the vanilla pods. Bring to a boil.
- Gradually add the rice, mix and then lower the heat to cook the preparation over low heat for 25 minutes.
- While cooking, stir well, forming an 8.
- Once the rice is creamy, lay it flat on a baking sheet and air-cool it.
- In a bowl, whip the whipped cream without sweetening it.
- Take the rice again, pour into a container, then gently incorporate the whipped cream while stirring the rice.
- Serve in a dish or ramekins and enjoy.
Chef’s tip: you can add a hazelnut caramel to accompany the rice pudding.
Read also :
Here is the astonishing recipe for Cyril Lignac’s ultra light chocolate cake (“An unsuspected vegetable is necessary!”)
Here is the recipe for the soft and tasty brioche by Cyril Lignac (“It & rsquo; is greedy, very greedy!”)
Here is the easy recipe for ultra soft donuts by Cyril Lignac (“It & rsquo; is a pure treat!”)