You can’t deny yourself a piece of custard! This ultra gourmet recipe signed by Christophe Michalak and Eric Kayser puts stars in our eyes.
Its name makes our mouths water … The flan, a great classic of French pastry, is one of our top 3 most gourmet desserts, which we would not refuse for the world. With its solid, trembling, smooth and tender texture, each bite transports us and envelops us in softness. This comforting dessert is like a real Proust madeleine. With its good vanilla flavor, it always cheers us up. To enjoy a flan to die for, let yourself be tempted by the recipe of the Chef elected best pastry chef in the world in 2005, Chritophe Michalak. He joined forces with the master baker Eric Kayser, to reveal an incredible recipe, to be found in video on the Maison Kayser Academy channel.
Recipe: the ultra gourmet flan signed Chritophe Michalak and Eric Kayser
You need :
- 30 g semi-salted butter
- 30 g brown sugar
- 50 g of T45 flour
- 5 g of baking powder
- 350 g of semi-skimmed milk
- 100 g of fresh cream
- 60 g brown sugar
- 30 g of cornstarch
- 10 g orange blossom
- 60g egg yolks
- 1 vanilla pod
The stages of preparation of the ultra gourmet flan signed Chritophe Michalak and Eric Kayser:
- Take the butter out of the fridge so that it softens. When it is soft, place it in the cul de poule. Add the brown sugar, baking powder and flour.
- Knead your dough so as to obtain, first of all, a crumble texture, then a more compact texture.
- Place a sheet of baking paper at the bottom of your springform pan. Grease around your mold with butter or oil. Place the dough at the bottom of your mold with your fingers. Bake this dough for 10 minutes at 160 ° C.
- Pour the milk into the saucepan. Divide your vanilla in half and scrape off the seeds with your knife. Add the cream to this preparation and bring to the boil.
- At the same time, in your salad bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, cornstarch and egg yolks for two to three minutes until the mixture turns pale. Don’t whip for too long. Once the milk has boiled, take the pod out of the pan (do not hesitate to mix it to make vanilla sugar).
- Pour half of the liquid preparation into the mixing bowl and mix this new preparation with a whisk. Pour the latter mixture into the remaining mixture in the saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly. After boiling, continue to stir for a minute, the saucepan, again, on the induction hob.
- Off the heat, add the orange blossom. Pour the cream on the precooked dough two-thirds of the way up. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 160 ° C. Let cool before tasting.
Read also :
Here is the ultra simple and delicious recipe of the incredible chocolate mousse signed Christophe Michalak
Here is the recipe for double chocolate cookies signed Cyril Lignac, for a soft and ultra gourmet cake!