This recipe, designed by Cyril Lignac, allows you to make a gourmet chocolate cake, to eat without moderation. His secret? A vegetable to incorporate into the preparation!
When we think of “chocolate cake”, we imagine a gourmet dessert, which balances our hearts, envelops us in sweetness … But also a dish that can weigh heavily on the scales. If you’re serious about your figure, new to a diet, or just wanting to discover new flavors, this recipe should appeal to you. Cyril Lignac unveiled at the microphone of RTL, on the occasion of the day against obesity, a recipe that caught our curiosity. The favorite chef of the French has thought of a low-calorie chocolate cake, in which he has incorporated… a vegetable! Indeed, if we knew that we could achieve sweet recipes with avocado or zucchini, we were far from imagining that we could design such a delicious cake, with pumpkin!
Recipe: Cyril Lignac’s low-calorie chocolate and pumpkin cake
For this vegetable-based chocolate cake recipe, Cyril Lignac opted for 400 g of pumpkin. The latter contains fiber and a little sugar, it then makes it possible to prepare a light dessert, but still very greedy, to consume without moderation. The chef offers a recipe without butter, without flour and without added sugar which seems perfect if you are allergic, intolerant to gluten, if you pay attention to your figure …
How to make Cyril Lignac’s ultra light chocolate cake?
Preparation time: 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Cooking time: 30 minutes.
You need :
- 400 g of pumpkin
- 40 g of honey
- 20g cocoa powder
- 30 g of cornstarch
- 150 g of chocolate
- 4 eggs
Here is the recipe for chocolate and pumpkin cake by Cyril Lignac
- Peel the pumpkin and bake it in the oven at 180 ° for 1 hour.
- Once cooked and cooled, collect the flesh of the pumpkin on a plate and mash it with a fork.
- Separate the white from the egg yolks. In a bowl, whisk four egg yolks then add the honey, cocoa and half of the pumpkin flesh.
- Mix well and incorporate the cornstarch.
- Then add the melted chocolate and the rest of the pumpkin flesh, mix it until the preparation is homogeneous.
- In another container, whip the egg whites then incorporate them into the dough. Mix gently without breaking the whites.
- In a mold, pour the preparation and bake in the oven at 180 ° for thirty minutes.
Chef’s advice: for more indulgence, you can also add chocolate icing.
Read also :
Here is the recipe for the ultra gourmet flan signed Christophe Michalak and Eric Kayser
Here is the recipe for the incredible brioche without butter and without eggs by Christophe Michalak