Simple but effective, strawberry pie always makes a splash! This delicious dessert is a treat for all taste buds. During a lunch in the sun, to taste it or to enhance a Sunday brunch, strawberry pie get everyone to agree. Easy to make and particularly delicious, it mainly consists of a shortbread, pastry cream and tasty strawberries. Do you want to make a homemade strawberry pie? So follow Cyril Lignac’s recipe, the chef unveiled a revisited version of this flagship dessert, which will soon become our favorite for spring!
How to make Cyril Lignac’s revisited strawberry tart?
You need :
For the dough
- 190 g flour
- 20 g of cornstarch
- 90 g icing sugar
- 130 g butter
- 35 g ground almonds
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 egg
For garnish :
- 500 g strawberries
- 2 eggs
- 40 cl of milk
- 50 g caster sugar
- 30 g of cornstarch
- 1 vanilla pod
- Icing sugar for finishing
Here is the strawberry tart recipe revisited by Cyril Lignac
- Mix the flour, starch, icing sugar, butter cut into pieces, almond powder and salt to obtain a sandy mixture.
- Add the egg and mix until it forms a ball.
- Spread the dough between two sheets of baking paper about 2mm thick and set aside in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th.6).
- Take the dough out of the fridge and place it in a baking ring or pie pan. Prick the dough with a fork.
- Cover the pie crust with a sheet of baking paper and baking balls or dried beans. Cook for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the paper and beads. Cook for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once the pie crust is well colored, take it out of the oven and let it cool completely.
- In a saucepan, pour the milk and the split and scraped vanilla pod and bring this mixture to a boil.
- In a bowl, break the eggs and whisk them with the sugar. The mixture should turn white.
- Add the cornstarch and the hot vanilla milk. Mix.
- Pour all the preparation into the saucepan.
- Cook this pastry cream for 3 minutes, without stopping mixing.
- Pour the pastry cream into a salad bowl.
- Film on contact and let cool for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Wash, hull and cut the strawberries in half.
- Take the pastry cream out of the refrigerator. Whip it to make it smooth.
- Distribute the pastry cream on the baked pie shell. Finally, place the strawberries on the pie, sprinkle it with icing sugar and serve.
Read also :
How to make pancakes: the easy and delicious recipe from Cyril Lignac
Here is the ultra gourmet and easy recipe for crème caramel by Christophe Michalak