Here is an incredibly melting and wonderfully flavored carrot cake with orange and warm spices like cinnamon and ginger. No fat is necessary for the preparation of this cake. The almond and grated carrot provide the softness.
This cake, originally from the United States, is the perfect accompaniment to weekend brunches with the family. By its beautiful orange color, it can even be used for those celebrating Halloween at the end of October.
To obtain a really very tender carrot cake, you need grate the carrots with a zest grater. The finer the carrots, the more fondant the cake will be. In addition, pecans are the perfect substitute for classic nuts in this quick and easy recipe.
– 145 g of almond powder
– 40 g of half-brown rice flour
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder
– 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
– ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
– 3 nice carrots (170 g of grated carrots)
– The zest of ½ orange
– 3 teaspoons of fresh orange juice
– 3 eggs
– 150 g of powdered brown cane sugar
– 35 g of pecans. Preserve 8 beautiful nuts for decorating the cake, cut the rest into pieces
For the icing:
– 100 to 150 g of icing sugar
– Lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 175 ° C.
2. Butter a mold (here 23 cm in diameter) and line the bottom of the mold with a sheet of baking paper.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: almond powder, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger. Keep aside.
4. In another large bowl, grate the carrots, add the zest of half an orange and the orange juice. Mix and keep aside.
5. In a bowl, beat the sugar and the eggs with a mixer until the mixture whitens and becomes frothy (about 5 minutes).
6. Add the carrots, then the mixture of dry ingredients, and mix gently. Finally add the pecans.
7. Pour the preparation into the mold and cook for 35 minutes. Check the cooking with a wooden pick, slipped in the center of the cake and which should come out dry.
8. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then place it upside down on a wire rack to cool completely. Remove the baking paper.
9. When the cake is completely cold, prepare the icing by mixing the icing sugar and lemon juice, and decorate the cake. Let the icing dry and enjoy.
Follow Clem gluten free on:
His website: https://clemsansgluten.com