Featured news from tourism
Finding out about the destination, staying connected and taking care of your documents are some of the recommendations that travelers can follow to have a successful trip.
Currently, the number of solo female travelers in Colombia is increasing. The desire to live great experiences, dare the unexpected, connect with your being, in addition to know and enjoy different destinations are just some of the reasons why many women decide to pack their suitcase and explore new places.
Plan an itinerary for travel alone, it means preparing to enjoy a unique experience. That is why Assist Card, an organization dedicated to providing comprehensive assistance to travelers, within the celebration of International Women’s Day, provides five recommendations that you can consider, if you are thinking or planning to travel alone on your next vacation, to make your tour a hassle-free experience.
“Thinking about the well-being and health of our travelers, our application is integrated with a function that allows you to have information in real time about which are the safest areas to visit based on your gender. Additionally, all our services cover COVID-19 up to the maximum product limit, as well as, in the event of a positive diagnosis, non-medical unforeseen events, through our additional Covid Extra service ”, says Hernán González, country manager of Assist Card in Colombia.
(Also read: Are you looking for the best ally for the trip of your dreams?)
- Plan your itinerary: Before you travel, you need to make a list of the places you want to visit and the activities you plan to do. This will help you organize your time, be in control, and know your costs. In addition, it is important that you look for your accommodation in time, so that you find the ideal place where you feel comfortable and safe.
- Destination information: Find out about the most dangerous or problematic places in the area you are going to visit, with that you can avoid them or find alternatives. Also when traveling to another country, you should investigate its culture and traditions.
- Stay Connected: When making a trip alone, surely your family and friends will be worried, therefore, it is key that you can always inform them about the itinerary that you are going to do, even if it is improvised, it is convenient that someone knows where you are going to stay, what will be your next activity and so they can be calm and aware of your well-being.
- Protected trip: When traveling alone you should be more careful with your health, money and luggage. Therefore, whenever you are going to make a trip to a local or international destination, it is important that you have comprehensive assistance for the traveler so that you can be protected against any unforeseen medical and non-medical, and even more so in times of coronavirus.
- Take care of your documents: Don’t forget to make a copy of all your documents and take them with you on your tours. Keep the originals in the safe or in a safe place in your accommodation to avoid losing them. In case of any unforeseen event, make sure that your travel assistance includes the loss of documentation.
According to Assist Card experts, it is important that Colombian women before starting their adventure, take note of the numbers of the police, hospitals, embassy and vigilante entities at the destination, in addition to the numbers of the place of accommodation and travel guides.
Likewise, they must take into account the measures, documents and requirements to enter the country of destination, in addition to previously checking the climate, culture and gastronomy of the place so that they can enjoy to the fullest and get the most out of their vacations.