Here is the recipe for the Piedmontese salad by Cyril Lignac (All in the kitchen, M6):
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 4 potatoes, cut into 1 to 2 cm square cubes
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp. homemade mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 2 slices of ham cut to ½ cm thick then into cubes
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and cut into small cubes
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 6 pickles, cut into small cubes
- 3 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 romaine salad, washed and stripped
- Fine salt and freshly ground pepper
In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the diced potatoes with the eggs for 12 minutes. Drain the eggs and set them aside to cool. Drain the potatoes in a colander and mash them with a fork in a salad bowl. Shell the hard-boiled eggs and chop them. Mix them with the potatoes.
In a salad bowl, place the mayonnaise with the ketchup, season.
Add the sauce to the potato-egg mixture and mix gently then add the rest of the ingredients. Finish with the salad cut into thin strips. Place in a large dish.
Also to discover: Cyril Lignac unveils his recipe for "crazy" carbonara pasta