Politics is one of the favorite subjects of the French, but one which also divides the population especially when it comes to the presidential elections. During the last elections, we especially remember the passionate debates on social networks during the second round between Emmanuel Macron and Marine Le Pen. But the French have also always had another passion: cooking!
Indeed, how can we deny that France is one of the most popular countries in terms of gastronomy, with very famous meals around the world, often imitated but never equaled! You just have to combine the two, politics and cooking, to have an explosive result !
Chocolate mousse is a dessert much appreciated by the French… and maybe also by Emmanuel Macron!
And for that, there is nothing better than a good dessert very appreciated by millions of French people: chocolate mousse! It must be said that this dessert has everything to please: it is very easy to prepare and not many people hate chocolate, so it is a way to please everyone almost certainly. But for that, you have to succeed in your recipe, because chocolate mousse can quickly turn into a disaster if it is not prepared properly.
Chef Victoire Loup has written a book, “At home, 60 recipes for home chefs”, in which he notably offers his version of chocolate mousse. But if at first glance his name means nothing to you, know that he is a chef who operated at the Elysée Palace, and who therefore served his cuisine to the greatest chefs of state in the world! How not to be curious and not want to discover Emmanuel Macron's chocolate mousse?
What is the recipe for chef de l'Elysée's chocolate mousse?
To prepare a chocolate mousse for 8 people like at the Elysee Palace, you will need 7 eggs, 350 grams of dark chocolate, 250 grams of sugar, and 300 ml of liquid cream. We advise you not to choose chocolate lightly and to take a very good plate of very dark and slightly sweet chocolate, because the simpler the recipe, the better the ingredients should be!
- Start by placing the chocolate and the liquid cream in a container that you film, then place it in a microwave for 2 minutes.
- Then, melt the chocolate without the cream reaching the boil: we are not trying to cook the chocolate!
- In a second container, provide yourself with the 7 eggs and separate the yolks from the whites.
- Then mix the 7 egg yolks with 100 grams of sugar
- In this second container, pour the melted chocolate and its cream so that the yolks start to cook under the thermal shock.
- Mount them snow white without being too firm, then tighten these with 150 grams of sugar.
- In the chocolate, without wasting time place the first half of the whipped egg whites, then the second half at a less sustained pace.
- Place the preparation in a container in which you will serve your chocolate mousse, and place there in the fridge.
- After at least 12 hours, you can finally take out your chocolate mousse to taste it.
Enjoy your meal !