Another rich week for the automotive world and a name on everyone's lips: Pierre Gasly. F1 driver Alpha Tauri won the Italian Grand Prix last Sunday. A first for a Frenchman in the discipline since May 1996. That is 8876 days! A victory that ignited the commentator of Canal + for F1, Julien Febreau. He also ignited social networks are now famous "speeds up!" Accelerated ! »In the final round of the race. An expression entered into the legend and gleefully diverted. Notably by the biathlon champion Martin Fourcade on Twitter.
But this week's automotive news isn't all about F1. There are a few new things this week. Especially at BMW with a special edition for electric city car i3, Wind Mill. The Volkswagen Golf 8 offers a station wagon version with more room in the trunk, while Maserati has unveiled its new 630 horsepower two-seater coupe: the MC20. But the event of the week is undoubtedly the "reveal" of the Lucid Air electric sedan. A competitor for the Tesla Model S which claims more than 800 km of autonomy.
Zoom of the week
- The Lucid Air, a rival for the Model S available in the first half of 2021 from $ 80,000
Number of the week
- 8876 – number of days between the last victory of a Frenchman in F1 (Olivier Panis in Monaco in May 1996) and that of Pierre Gasly in the Italian Grand Prix
- 24h of Le Mans 2020 – Saturday 19 September from 2:30 p.m.
"This victory is done. It is mine and no one can take it away from me"
Pierre Gasly on the daily L’Équipe on September 10
On the networks
– Biathlon Live (@BiathlonLivefr) September 7, 2020
– Jean-Philippe Imparato (@JPImparato) September 9, 2020
– Scuderia Ferrari (@ScuderiaFerrari) September 9, 2020