It may be a little odyssey to take a trip with a baby. Here are a series of tips to make it pleasant and above all safe
It is not easy to plan a trip with a baby because they usually find it exhausting, uncomfortable and very boring so it is essential that a series of guidelines be followed so that the trip does not become a nightmare.
There are to avoid this a series of recommendations that must be followed to make the journey as pleasant and enjoyable as possible.
Avoid hot hours
- Heat is the biggest enemy when traveling with babies.
- Get out at dawn.
- Ensure that the baby goes to sleep during the journey
- Always carry the air conditioner although in moderation.
- Protect the windows from direct sunlight.
- On long trips plan stops approximately every 2 hours.
- Stop in conditioned service areas.
- Change the baby's diaper and if possible distract him a bit from the monotony of the trip.
- If there are no service areas it is recommended to look for an outdoor area with good shade.
Safe in your chair
- Ensure that you travel in an approved car seat in which you will be perfectly tied throughout the trip.
- Make sure that the chair does not give heat, avoiding the use of covers.
- If the baby cries or complains it is always advisable to remain calm and stop the car to be able to attend to it.
- It is recommended that an adult is always with the baby during the trip.
Games and distraction
- It is important to talk and have contact with the baby during the trip to check his condition.
- The radio on with some music is always a good idea.
- Bringing the baby's favorite toy will help us to be calm and relaxed.
- A screen with some drawings can be a good idea, be careful because some babies can get dizzy with the use of these devices.
Food, drink and molts
- It is always better to prevent a child from entering the newly eaten car, in the case of babies we will always wait for a reasonable time.
- Always carry a bottle with water and milk if it is the case that we use it.
- In the event that the baby is nursing, to feed it is always recommended to stop in a service or rest area.
- Wearing a couple of changes with clothes is essential in case you vomit as well as wipes to clean up the possible accident.
Following this series of tips and recommendations, traveling with a baby is as pleasant as possible and, above all, safe.