The highly anticipated Audi RS 6 Avant C8 is now on sale in the United States. To celebrate the arrival of the high performance wagon in the United States, Audi of America is announcing a limited edition of 25 units via the Audi RS 6 Avant "RS Tribute edition".
A quarter of a century ago, the RS 2 Avant started the success story of high performance Audi RS models. As a tribute to Audi's first RS wagon, the RS 6 Avant "RS Tribute edition" with a production limited to 25 units, features unique design elements reminiscent of the iconic Audi RS2 Avant.
The 1994 RS2 Avant established a whole new segment as Audi’s first high-performance wagon. With its 315 hp five-cylinder turbo engine, extravagant interior design and paint finish in Nogaro Blue, it made a strong statement that is still considered iconic today.
Unique design elements
The 2021 Audi RS 6 Avant "RS Tribute edition" pays homage to the 1994 RS2 Avant with unique interior and exterior design cues, including:
- Nogaro Blue pearl effect exterior paint color with black accents on the grille, side blades, rear diffuser and black roof rails,
- Side mirrors in body color,
- Standard 22-inch 5-V-spoke trapezoidal-cast aluminum wheels in silver with UHP summer tires
- Red painted steel brake calipers,
- Interior featuring carbon fiber inserts and contrasting denim blue stitching to accentuate the sport seats covered in Audi exclusive Valcona leather, perforated leather steering wheel, RS floor mats, leather details along the upper and lower dashboard,
- Front seats also include lower seat panels in leather with contrasting denim blue stitching.
From design icon to sports car, the RS 6 Avant is powered by a 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 developing 600 hp and 800 Nm of torque, allowing the station wagon to go from 0 to 100 km / h in just 3.5 seconds.
The Limited Edition comes standard with a sports exhaust, further enhancing the appearance and sound of the vehicle.
The Audi RS 6 Avant “RS Tribute edition” is also equipped as standard with the Driver Assistance Package, which includes adaptive cruise control and blind spot sensors, heated rear seats, a head-up display and silent assisted closing doors as well as the Bang & Olufsen 3D audio system.
Once inaccessible in the US market, the Audi RS 6 Avant is now a reality for US customers. The 2021 Audi RS 6 Avant "RS Tribute edition" is now on sale starting at $ 136,800 (approx. 115,678 euros).