One of the best ways to know a country when traveling is through gastronomy. Savor the most typical specialties of the place and enjoy first person corners frequented by locals they contribute a plus to any route, something that foodies know and take good advantage of.
Surely, more than once several travelers were frustrated to end up eating at the typical restaurant for tourists, for paying much more than I had planned, or for discovering that the choice of a dish did not meet expectations.
To visit a place for sure, nothing better than taking advantage of new technologies, booking through applications those places that guarantee us a good experience.
There are also apps that help discover vegan restaurants. (Christopher Lee / The New York Times)
For this reason here is a selection of gastronomic apps from the United Kingdom, Germany and the United States, three countries whose tourist interest is beyond discussion.
In the country of fish & chips There is a special concern to offer users the best restaurants depending on your food needs, so, when you travel to the UK you can use many different applications:
– Eaten: It includes the best establishments cataloged by type of food. That is, it is based exclusively on food and not on aspects of the premises, such as decoration or location. It has user ratings and comments, so it is ideal if what you are looking for is the most coveted dish of the season.
– Happy Cow: is a vegan application, with many recommendations for this type of diners. Users interact with each other and have sections on its website that range from travel tips to recipes.
– Where chefs eat: includes the recommendations of the most reputable chefs in more than 3,200 restaurants worldwide and delights the most demanding palates.
– Table Pouncer: it is possible to make last minute reservations with discounts of up to 65% in more than 500 places of the main localities of the country. The app allows you to thoroughly analyze the place, menu and comments of other customers before choosing the restaurant with one click.
–Foursquare City Guide: is the most creative application. With it you can create your own lists based on user organic recommendations, follow friends, brands or influencers and set up a different dining experience.
Apps usually have meal options for all tastes. (Getty Images / La Vanguardia)
German specialties do not stick to beer and bretzel. And is that The country has a rich cuisine that often goes unnoticed to travelers.
– Open table: it is The best known application. In addition to booking a table, You can invite friends to accompany you. Send personalized recommendations from more than 52,000 restaurants all over the world.
– LunchNow: It is the latest German novelty to reserve a table and invite friends. Has 800 stores available in Hamburg, Frankfurt, Cologne and Dusseldorf and, daily, provides information on new openings and offers, something very useful if we have to control the pocket.
– Berlin Vegan Guide: in addition to restaurants, the application, operational since 2006, provides interactive help on different fields such as clothing or natural cosmetics.
German food, a classic for all travelers. (Archive)
– Restaurantguide Falstaff: Ideal for authentic foodies. It is backed by criticism from its more than 18,000 gourmet club members. From here It is possible to check availability during the planned dates of our trips and book between more than 9,000 international frontline establishments.
In the United States there are all kinds of gastronomic trends beyond fast food.
– I Know The Chef: available at the moment in NY, Miami Y Chicago. It offers exclusive access to some of the most fashionable restaurants of the moment, so if you enjoy innovative cuisine, it will become a essential tool
– BigDish: ideal for tight budgets. You'll find discounts up to 50% and has Book online among a careful selection of stores of different styles, with the menu and offers of the day.
In the United States there are all kinds of gastronomic trends beyond fast food. (Archive)
– Allset: encompasses the entire process of going to a restaurant, from reservation to payment. It is available in the most important North American cities and will soon begin an expansion process.
– Tock: you will access the most exclusive establishments of the current panorama, in which to reserve a table and invite your friends.