Rather than gut a pumpkin to turn it into a lantern, I suggest you cook it.
The Halloween symbol lends itself to a multitude of recipes. To change soups and gratins, why not a sweet pie?
The extra stuff. For a tart even more greedy (but suddenly, sweeter too …), add a thin layer of maple syrup, and sprinkle with a mixture of white sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Diabolical!
This recipe is not that of a chef, it's just mine. At least the one I'm preparing for the fall since an essay that made her "my Halloween pie recipe". She is very simple and here she is.
Our tips for celebrating Halloween in Clermont
To make this recipe, you need:
– a shortbread dough (pure butter)
– a quarter of pumpkin or, better, pumpkin
– 2 eggs
– 3 tablespoons fine semolina
– 2 tablespoons cream
– 2 tablespoons brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons white sugar
– a little cinnamon and ginger powder.
Find out about restaurants in Clermont
– Remove the skin of the pumpkin, cut it into quarters. Cook in water or microwave.
– After draining it, crush it with a potato masher (if you do not have one, a fork will do).
– When it has cooled, put it in a salad bowl. Add the sugar, mix; then the semolina; mix, then cream and spices. Mix.
– Preheat the oven to 230 °.
– Spread the dough. Garnish with the mixture. Bake 25 minutes at 220. Serve cold with whipped cream.
Enjoy your meal !